Our Legaci Press is accepting queries for our upcoming anthology, Mama Twins: Stories of the Black Multiple Birth Experience.
About: We're looking for personal essays about your experience as a Black mother of twins and larger sets of multiples.
Word length: 3000-5000 words per story.
Contributor payment: Contributors will receive a $150 payment and two author copies of the anthology upon publication.
To be considered as a contributor, email a short query letter with the following information to info@OurLegaciPress.com.
1. Send one paragraph summarizing the true story that you would like to write based on your experience as a Black mother of multiples.
2. Specify your cultural background. For example, state if you are: African American, Trinidadian, Nigerian, and etc.
3. Include a short bio of no more than 300 words.
4. If applicable, list other publications that you have been published in.
5. Deadline to submit query letter: *** Deadline extended to December 30, 2017.
If you are selected to be included as a contributor in this anthology, we will notify you within 30 days.
Our Legaci Press plans to publish Mama Twins: Stories of the Black Multiple Birth Experience in Spring 2018.
Topics that can be covered:
Experiencing multiple births
Fertility/ fertility treatments
Putting twins up for adoption
Being a twin and having twins
What twins represent in your culture
Triplets or more.
+Any other themes that apply to multiple births.